Dallin Mission

Dallin Mission

Sunday, July 19, 2015

First Lessons and No Doors

Hi Family! How was your week? We were busy here - we did lots. We went out into the woods a couple mornings this week to cut palm leaves. We cut off the smaller leaves that are perpendicular to the stem, and then the stem stays and it becomes part of a wall to our chapel. right now we're using tin roofing supplies, and the sticks will be a lot cooler.

(Members in the ward had their first week of teaching lessons and fulfilling callings) First lessons were good. we had our sister landlord Tarawaa teach Relief Society and it was fine. They were good, but they were angry with the little kids for not letting them have lessons in peace. I translated the lesson plan out of the book AP's sent us. They sent us an English book, which is useless haha! Translating is tough, especially because its a lesson plan meant for the teacher. But it seemed like it was good. I'll have to do that a couple times a week now, which will be tiring, but worth it. Lesson plans are way different from scriptures or from talks, because you have to think about how the teacher's thoughts will be led versus how they will resultantly lead the class. It's more complex than just the right words. 

We did hear that Elder Packer passed away, how sad! That means that Elder Nelson is the new president of the quorum of the twelve right? L Tom Perry was next in line, but he also passed away.

(I mentioned that I had taught the parable of the talents to my Sunday school class that day and had thought of all the new "island talents" Dallin had acquired while on his mission!) Parable of the talents, good one. I'm trying to come up with lots of actual skill talents here, but most aren't useful in America haha! But the attitudes are more useful than anything I'd say. Island skills. They involve mostly dirty things, hopefully I don't have to ever use most of them haha!

Speaking of, I have gone this entire transfer without opening a door once. There are no doors here. The only doors are on the chapel and the building we internent in, but I have not once physically opened a door in 4 months. That is weird. Now I have a conscious desire to not open doors. I hope that goes away someday. Things are always crazy here. Its tough to fully describe, even things like that. I'm so used to it its hard to realize what is different, even when its so drastic like that. Crazy.

I love you guys we have to go now! We'll catch you guys next week. Have a good one!

love dal

No comments:

Post a Comment