Its okay for the baptisms, Our people are pretty ready. One of them at least. The other didn't come to church, we're a little worried. Hopefully it was just a conflict with times or something along those lines. Work was really hard this week. I haven't had a 1 lesson day since me and Sion were in that rut on Christmas, but it happened again on Saturday. Our "newness" is wearing off, and the ministers are in full force. They have given up on the people we do have already, but they're fighting really hard for all of our potential investigators. Before, they would try and shame people out of taking lessons, but now they're doing something good and strengthening their people, like giving them callings and things like that. Its really put a dent in our teaching pool.
My comp is good, he is a really hard worker. He doesn't like it when we don't have a lot of lessons. He started for a month in Bikenibeu, on Tarawa, and that area pumps out like 60 lessons a week, its a sick ward. So he sometimes pulls his hair out that we don't have a ward mission leader or a Bishop or a relief society pres, or an elders quorum. Its just me and him and sometimes he gets sick of that hahaha! But we get along well. He's learning lessons about work on outies and patience. My language is crisp, i'll admit it (since his comp in a native Kiribati). I'm reading the Book of Mormon in Kiribati too, so I literally don't speak or read English except for right now. Its weird. I obviously still think in English. Kiribati is too simple for describing things of any depth or complexity. Mom, I think deep thoughts, I need English for my deep thoughts :)
I was always anticipating the inevitable slow down. Its still sad though. It takes a lot to work through it, but we're giving it our best shot. Some of the other ministers are mean. Especially the one who is actually an RM. My word to describe him is 'sly'. That's the extent of my sophisticated English vocabulary at this point. (Dallin often feels sad that they can't seem to have a good relationship with other Christian congregations. They only see the young missionaries as a threat to their numbers.)
(I asked him about the package he received recently.) Slowly holding on to the food. I might have a Clif bar later as a pday present. They are soooo tasty! and I love the soap and deodorant. I smelled that deodorant and I remembered that 1) in America, you use sheets on a bed 2) when your sheets are washed, they smell so good and
that's what the deodorant reminded me of haha!
(His little sister is getting ready to go to her first youth conference and dance) Tell Cami to have fun at the dance! That is too crazy that she is going and that she's that old now! She might even start liking BOYS now -
ooooOOOOOooooo!
Hey Bambi (his nickname for Cami)! So cool to hear that you are a freshman! Wow! That's way exciting. Summer is always so so fun. (She asked what kids on the island do every day) That is a good question! They play lots of games outside, and they go swimming a lot, but there is also a LOT of work to do everyday. Feeding the pigs, and cleaning and helping cook. Plus, they DO go to school. Their classrooms are just made out of sticks. Youth conference will be very fun! How are our dogs? We live next to the beach, but I don't get to swim. Sounds like you are still having fun and making lots of friends. Good work cam!
Talk to you all next week!
love dal
No comments:
Post a Comment