Dallin Mission

Dallin Mission

Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Picnic

(Ariel view of a lagoon on Christmas Island)

It's a long story, but I ended up working in Banana this week. It was Grover's last week. We spent some time visiting people and saying goodbyes. He had two baptisms in Banana, but I'm worried because neither came to church on Sunday to get confirmed. Ouch. So we'll fix that next week hopefully. Sion left for Fanning again. I'll be in a trio after Wednesday when Grover leaves. London is without elders again. I did convince Sister Seamons to let us come down to London to do our baptism there. Toatau was baptized, so we were happy for him. 
As for transfers, we still really don't know. President is doing something crazy again. He told me that he wants me and Elder Farley to go open Nikunau (This island has never had missionaries and the last census we could find shows population somewhere around 2,000 people with ONE person claiming to be Mormon). But last time we tried that it didn't work, so who knows if it will actually go through this time. He'll be here on the 18th so hopefully things can be cleared up when he comes. (The Area Authority did not approve the opening of Nikunau last time it was requested, but President has kind of promised Dallin that if it opened during his mission he would let him go.  We'll see!)

Our picnic was fun. We went to a place on the lagoon side, so it was like ocean, but no waves. It was also like super salty. Bad part, I got burned. But it was fun we got on little kayaks and then I took a nap and then we ate some fish that these guys from the ward caught in a net. It was good. Definitely tiring but so fun too. Good last pday for Grover. He's happy. We have a goodbye dinner for him with some ward members tonight at 7. We're going to Tabwakea tomorrow because I have to send stats in since Sion is gone. We'll try to radio to Fanning too, to see if we can talk to those guys. I'm so, so, so tired. Taking a nap today reminded me how tired I am. But I'm okay. Have a good week, enjoy the start of spring.

Love Dal

1 comment:

  1. All of these indefinites must be driving the engineer in Dallin crazy! I'm still amazed at all his stories which show how different the culture is there. Such a good guy! Still praying for him every day.

    ReplyDelete