Dallin Mission

Dallin Mission

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas

Well, things didn't exactly go as we hoped on Christmas.  On Dallin's Christmas day and our Christmas eve they traveled to the hotel on the other side of the island hoping to skype.  Unfortunately a fishing boat had come into port and there were dozens of drunk El Salvadorian sailors trying to call their families.  The situation was not good and there was not enough internet speed for anything to work.  After a good deal of frustration they gave up and said they would try again tomorrow.  The next day was just as frustrating.  They tried to use another internet spot, but there was just not enough speed to run any of the programs.  There is no way to make phone calls from the island to America, so they decided to try to email for a while.

I was really sad to miss talking to him, but I know he really needed to talk to all of us more.  I felt terrible for all the missionaries on the island.  The mission home was not able to ship any Christmas packages, none of the letters we sent arrived, they couldn't get any turkey or chicken to make for a dinner, and the one thing they really wanted didn't work.  He sent an email titled "Sad Christmas" and it said, "Worst. Christmas. Ever.  I love you all and I'm sorry I ruined your day."

Yeah.  And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment