"My last week was so fun. Monday stunk - it poured all day and the internet was broken and I had the
flu. I was also informed I would be leaving Thursday! Talk about short notice. Tuesday we worked a normal day in TTB, said goodbye to the members there. Wednesday morning I did all my wash, and finished some
important paper work. Then Wednesday night we had a huge "Karaure" party, which is like a goodbye send off. It was so fun! They had this guy from the branch do some crazy Fijian dancing, and then some Kiribati dancing, then they had SO much good food. After the food its like cultural that everyone gets up and dances, so that all the food settles and they can eat more (gross), so we did that and it was so funny. I danced, be proud. Then we ate some more, and I had to give a speech, then we had a flower-crown-placing ceremony thing for me and for Pulu. Thursday we got up and I packed and got all ready, then Raika called and told me President is closing Nikunau and I can't get on the plane. Then the other 3 ZLs all called me individually and told me to get on the plane haha! So we went to the airport at 2 for check-in, then the plane went to Marakei first, so it didn't pick us up 'til 5. Then I said goodbye to Pulu and Teraoi (2nd counselor, absolute favorite guy, his whole family came to send me off), shook hands with a VERY green Elder Miller who was wide-eyed getting off the plane, got on the plane and was in Tarawa ten minutes later. Tarawa is a mess right now, and has lots of issues right now. Very very crazy."
That was about all the time he had. We should hear from him again in a few days on his normal p-day. So glad to know he is doing well and healthy! That's right - no new infections since he got the medicine from the area medical adviser! Also, we all agreed that we would have paid big bucks to see Dallin dancing at the Karaure. He. Doesn't. Dance. Glad to see he is finally embracing the culture :)
I love these stories! He is having such an adventure!
ReplyDeleteLaughed out loud at the thought of Dallin dancing at this party. You can tell how loved he is by the people there. Not surprised.
ReplyDeleteAgreed about paying to see him dance. I love how the members seem to love him so much, like we do!
ReplyDelete