Dallin Mission

Dallin Mission

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Finally in Tarawa, Kiribati!

(Dallin left SLC on Monday the 27th and flew to Honolulu.  He spent the night and then flew all the way to Fiji on Tuesday.  Wednesday they flew only 3 hours to Tarawa where he found out he was assigned 2,000 miles away to Christmas Island for his first area.  Crazy!  We are really grateful that he at least got to let us know he was safe, happy, and healthy.  He had a terrible cold when we spoke to him in the airport for a few minutes and that made me worry with such a grueling travel schedule.  So excited for his adventures!)

Hi Mom Dad Taylor and Cami!

I'm currently sitting at the computer at the Senior Couple's house on Tarawa here in Kiribari. So fun. We finally made it! It's 1:00 here in the afternoon my time, on the 30th of January. I've been awake for 12 hours already, and I have 9 more until I get to sleep. And last night in FIji, we slept for 3 hours. Long day for sure. We left Provo on Monday, got to Salt Lake, flew to Hawaii, spent the night in a hotel there, then we flew to Fiji and spent a night (or part of one) there. After that we flew on out to Tarawa!

However, lucky me, I get to go back on a plane on Sunday! I've been assigned to Christmas Island as my first area. That means that I have to fly back to Fiji, and then back to Christmas Island. Very very very long days again. I'm really excited though. My companion will be a cool guy from New Zealand, and for now I'm with the Zone leaders here on Tarawa. Very cool. 

I miss you all so much! I'm really excited to be here. Unfortunately, I don't have very much time. I'll write a good long letter next Monday, which will be my p-day. I'll unfortunately miss my fist potential p-day in travel, so it'll be about ten days until you get a real report. Sorry about that! Don't worry though, I'm happy and I'm healthy. There's no need to worry about that! I think my first impressions of the island are positive and I'm really excited. And I'm understanding more than I originally anticipated, so I'm really excited.

Sorry I can't write more, we've got lots to do today! I love you all so much, wish me lots of luck!

Love, Dallin






1 comment:

  1. So much traveling - ugh! Don't think any of us will ever be able to complain about a trip again! :-)

    ReplyDelete